Salary: $13.00 to $16.00 /hour
Patient Transporter Specialist Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Being in a mental-Health setting is anxiety-provoking for patients and their families. Patient transporters do what they can to ease some of those worries. They may answer basic questions, such as letting the patient know where she or he is going. Depending on the situation, they may offer friendly greetings or make small talk. They also can sense when it is best to remain quiet.
- Establishes and maintains communication with patients and coworkers to improve quality of service and customer satisfaction.
- Transports volunteered Mental Health patients inside and outside of the facility to designated areas in a punctual and timely manner.
- Offers comfort and support to patients and their families.
- Transports medical equipment, supplies and laboratory specimens to designated treatment, diagnostic and patient care areas.
- Respects and protects patient confidence and hospital confidentiality by keeping all sensitive and patient information private.
- Follows all protocols and procedures to ensure safe delivery of patients, their possessions.
- Maintains a secure, clean and healthy work environment by adhering to the standards and regulations that are set forth by the hospital and local, state and federal governments,
- Regularly participates in ongoing education to improve knowledge and skills.
Patient Transporter Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year in experience in Mental health experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Impeccable organization and time management skills
- Clean Driving Record